Getting expired domains for PR, does it still work?

Ive done some tests within the last month or two about expiring domains with PR to see if it's worth your while to get these expired and removed domains.

My idea why I would prefer to use expired domains could be the thought that old domains are popular than new domains, and to have instant PR.

So I set out to find deleted areas with PR that I can enroll. One feature of domains I was trying to find was that the site still had a, and it was still shown in google.

I won't be mentioning the actual domains here as I need to control the outcomes and prevent people from making backlinks to these domains.

I listed about 4 areas, some have PR2 and PR3. Some have a few pages listed, some have a few thousand. I also bought a couple of new areas for my new jobs.

I discovered that google seldom trips these domains so I need to perfect it but with some fresh backlinks. After producing some backlinks to these domains, two their PR was eventually lost by domains. Those two domains have just a few pages indexed in google. In a single domain, used to do a 301 permanent direct to the brand new index page. Should people desire to dig up further about indexification, we know of many libraries people can pursue. That site retained its PR. One crucial big difference this domain has set alongside the other two is that this domain has tens and thousands of pages indexed in google. Browsing To linklicious.me possibly provides suggestions you could use with your brother.

In another domain, used to do a 301 and redirect it to a fresh new domain. The result is that the new domain got indexed faster and more pages were indexed compared to another new domain I listed at once. Nevertheless, PR was right down to 0.

There's also a case where used to do a 301 direct from a classic deleted website with PR and never got any benefit from it.

In summary, there is still conflicting results on whether getting deleted/expired areas. If you believe any thing, you will likely choose to check up about inside linklicious vs. Some works, some dont. However, what appear to work is that

a. Traffic does be contained by old delete domains from existing backlinks. Some traffic does be still generated by it, if the old site has a lot of backlinks.

b. Other search engines such as for example yahoo and msn don't appear to have an biases against expired/deleted areas..