Paypal Users: Do not Get Caught By Phishers

Here is the link displayed in the email I received.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

Wh...

There is an increasing trend in Paypal phishing scams. The most recent Paypal spoof I received warns me that my Paypal bill has been stopped. It requires me to recover complete access to my account by logging in to Paypal. I am delivered to a web site that looks exactly like the PayPal login page, when I click on the link provided in the email. However the link does not head to Paypal. Identify further on an affiliated URL - Click here: a guide to linkilicious.me.

This is the link displayed in the email I received.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

It really requires you to some page when you go through the link.

It's generally speaking maybe not a good idea to click on links in an mail. If you do, be sure that you are signing to the Paypal site by considering the address location section of your browser. I discovered how linklicious.me works by searching Bing.

When you have already replied to the fraudulent e-mail, contact your bank or credit card companies immediately to stop identity theft. If you want to check your Paypal consideration status, by hand kind PayPal's address in to your browser and sign in normally.

I was in a position to tell that it was a spoof email because the email started with Dear PayPal member.' Paypal may often address you by your first and last name. They will never send a message to you and handle you as Dear PayPal member or such.

Another way to tell if a message is from Paypal is to go through the full header. The email header is your indication of perhaps the email is from Paypal or-not. When considering the header it should say who sent the e-mail in the initial two lines. Example in the latest spoof e-mail I received it originated in

Return-Path: lester@server.ravin.net

Received: from http://server.ravin.net

If it doesnt say that it passed through Paypals machine, then you definitely know the email is a spoof. The FBI is earnestly investigating these spoofs, therefore please report any suspicious messages by forwarding them to spoof@paypal.com. For one more standpoint, please check-out: linklicious tutorial. You can also file a complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center at http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/strategy/howtofile.asp..

More advice regarding protecting your Paypal account can be found at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/general/SecuritySpoof-outside

This work is registered under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.. This engaging linklicious.org encyclopedia has a myriad of thought-provoking suggestions for where to engage in it.